Posted November 28, 2008 – 2:14 pm in: Vista Tweaks
If you have transformed your Windows Vista into Windows 7 using our “Mega Guide: Transform Vista into Windows7” and thinking about the missing Windows 7 screensaver, then this guide is for you.
By following this guide you will be able to see Windows 7 screen saver in Vista. Jeremyddual from Deviantart has come up with a screensaver that resembles Windows 7 screensaver. Though the procedures are not easy for the normal users, you can still do it easily with little care.
Below are the instructions to get Windows 7 screensaver in Vista:
1. Navigate to C:\Windows\Branding\ShellBrd and take the ownership of Shellbrd.dll file.
2. Once you took the permission, just rename it as “Shellbrd2.dll”.
3. Now, download the new “Shellbrd.dll” file from here.
4. Paste the new “Shellbrd.dll” file into C:\Windows\Branding\ShellBrd folder.
5. Now, go back Screensaver option and activate the new Windows 7 screensaver. Note that the you have replaced the old “Windows Logo” screensaver with the “Windows 7″ one. So, you won’t get additional screensaver option.Select and activate “Windows Logo” screensaver to get the new Windows 7 screensaver.
How to revert to old Vista screensaver?
So, if you want to go back to Windows Vista screensaver, then use the following instructions:
1. Deactivate the Screensaver which you had activated.
2. Go to C:\Windows\Branding\ShellBrd folder and delete or rename “Shellbrd.dll” as “Shellbrdold.dll” and rename “Shellbrd2.dll” as “Shellbrd.dll”(of course, you need to take ownership).
3. You are back to Windows Vista screensaver.
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop