It’s a well known fact that all Windows 7 sports the best visual appearance over XP and Vista. But many of the Windows 7 users are already running third-party Windows 7 themes and custom icons to make the all new Windows 7 more pretty.
If you want to customize your Windows 7, the best way to begin the work is by changing desktop Computer icon. Although changing Windows 7 computer icon is pretty similar to its predecessor Vista, here are the steps that will make it happen in Windows 7.
1. Right-click on Windows 7 desktop and select Personalize.
2. In the left pane, click on Change Desktop Icons to open Desktop Icon Settings.
3. Under Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, select Computer icon and then click on Change Icon button.
4. Browse to the icon file that you would like to set as computer icon.
5. Click Ok to save the new icon as desktop Computer icon.
Note that if you would like to create your own custom icon file from an image file, you can use the free iconvert service to convert an image file into an icon file.