Posted August 18, 2010 – 9:39 pm in: Windows 7 Guides
At times, you might want to clear recent items from Taskbar jump list in Windows 7. Although you can right-click on a recent jump list item and select Remove from this list option to remove the item from the particular jump list, this method can’t be used to delete recent items from all jump lists as it’s a tedious task.
Disabling the jump list feature first, and enabling the same again is the best solution to clear jump list recent items in a few steps. Here is how you can do this:
1. Right-click on the empty area of Taskbar and select Properties to open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.
2. Here, switch to Start Menu tab.
3. Under Privacy box, uncheck the box named Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar option to clear all jump list recent items and to disable this feature (don’t worry, we are going to enable the same in the next step). Click Apply button to save the change.
4. Now, check the same box (Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar) and click Apply to enable this feature. You have just deleted recent items from all jump lists. That’s it!
5. You are done! Good luck!
Tags: taskbar, Windows 7
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop