We all know how tedious it is to install all applications after installing Windows. If you don’t want to waste your precious time in downloading and installing applications post installing Windows 7, here is a quick solution for you.
Ninite is a free online service that allows you create a single installer for multiple free applications. For example, you can create a single installer for your Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Windows Live Messenger, VLC player, Picasa, and Microsoft Security Essentials.
Here are the available applications at Ninite site:
# Web Browsers
* Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and Firefox
* Skype, Messenger, Digsby, Google Talk, Pidgin and Thunderbird
* VLC player, iTunes, Audacity, Hulu Desktop, AIMP, KMPlayer, & Spotify
* Paint.net, Picasa, IrfanView, XnView, & GIMP
* Office 2007 Standard (trial), OpenOffice, CutePDF, Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader
* Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast and AVG
* Flash, .NET, Flash, Silverlight and Java
# File Sharing
* uTorrent and eMule
* Dropbox, Evernote, BumpTop, & Google Earth
ImgBurn, CCleaner, Launchy, Revo Uninstaller, Defraggler, RealVNC, CDBurnerXP, & Recuva
* WinRAR & 7-Zip
This is a great service to save your precious time. To create a single installer for multiple applications you need to follow the simple steps given below:
1. Head over to Ninite page.
2. Select the applications that you want to pack into a single installer.
3. Click on the Get Installer button to start downloading the installer file.
4. Now run the just downloaded installer to start downloading procedure. Ninite will automatically install applications once the download is completed. If the selected program is already installed on your PC, it will simply skip the program.
5. Depending on your Internet connection speed, number of sleeted software and size of applications, it might take several minutes to hours to complete the procedure.
Finally, note that Ninite installs all applications with default settings and it says no to browser toolbars and other junk.