Posted October 21, 2010 – 5:55 pm in: Windows 7 Guides
There are a few users who pin most frequently used items to the taskbar using Taskbar Items Pinner and then delete all desktop items including Computer icon and Recycle Bin.
Users who have tried to remove/delete the Recycle Bin from desktop might have noticed that one can’t simply delete the Recycle Bin as there is no Delete option present in its context menu (right-click menu). One need to disable the Recycle Bin icon under Desktop Icon Settings to remove it from the desktop.
Here is how to remove the Recycle Bin from Windows 7 desktop:
1. Right-click on desktop and select Personalize to open Personalization window.
2. In the left pane of the Personalization window, click Change desktop icons option.
3. In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog-box, uncheck the box named Recycle Bin and click Apply button to remove it from the desktop. Check the same box again to add the the same icon to the desktop.
Also read how to prevent themes from changing desktop icons, and how to change Computer and Recycle Bin icons in Windows 7.Tags: Desktop, Windows 7
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop