Posted July 1, 2011 – 1:13 pm in: Windows 7 Guides
Group Policy is one the best ways to modify local policy settings. Group Policy is simply the easiest way to configure user settings on local computers and networks. You can tweak and personalize Windows settings using Group Policy Editor, without playing with the Registry.
Unfortunately, it’s not available in all editions of Windows 7. Only Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions come with Group Policy Editor. In other words, Group Policy Editor is not available in Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions.
For those users running Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium editions of Windows 7, we have a good news for you! You can now get the Group Policy Editor with the help of a small tool called Add GPEDIT.msc.
How to install Group Policy Editor in Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic and Home Premium editions:
1. Download the RAR file from here and extract the contents to desktop to see a setup.exe file and GPEdit.doc file.
2. Run Setup file and follow simple on screen procedure to complete the installation procedure.
3. You are done! Type gpedit.msc in Start menu search box and hit Enter key to launch Group Policy Editor.
Don’t forget to download official Group Policy for Beginners and Group Policy Settings guide for Windows 7 to know more about Group Policy settings.Tags: Windows 7
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop