Posted December 4, 2008 – 5:19 am in: Freeware, Vista Tweaks
Only few hours left for Vista Service Pack 2 public download and Windows lovers are trying every trick to download SP2 before the public availability. If you are lucky enough to have MSDN and TechNet subscription, you can download it right now without any hassles as SP2 is available to TechNet and MSDN subscribers since December 2nd.
If you can’t wait for few more hours, I have a good old trick which works for Service Pack as well. I had earlier blogged Download Vista SP2 (build 16489) back in October. The latest build is 16497 and can be downloaded by running a small (.bat) file.
1. Download the (.bat) file from here.
2. Now, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
3. Next, open Windows Update and check for updates. Windows will show “Vista SP2 Build 16497″ in available updates.
4. Now, click “Install updates” and wait for few minutes to finish the updating process.
If everything goes fine, enjoy with Vista SP2.
As SP2 is in beta stage, it’s better to create a restore point or backup to avoid future problems.
Note: Make sure you enough free space on your Vista drive before starting the update process. Also you need to have SP1 installed before getting SP2.Tags:
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop