Last evening, we covered about Logon Notifier utility which enables you display a custom message just before the logon screen. As we have mentioned previously in the Logon Notifier guide, the tool simply adds an entry to the Windows registry to display your custom message.
As we can do this with the registry as well, many of you might like to achieve it manually without using a Logon Notifier tool. Windows 7 users, who would like to display this message manually, can follow the steps given below:
1. Open Windows Registry Editor. Type regedit.exe in Start menu search area and hit enter to launch it.
2. Next, navigate to the following registry key:
3. In the right-pane, look for the following entries: "legalnoticecaption” and “legalnoticetext".
4. Double-click on legalnoticecaption entry and enter a caption for your message. And then, double-click on legalnoticetext entry to enter your custom message.
5. Exit the Registry Editor, and reboot your machine to see the message.