Posted February 24, 2011 – 9:16 pm in: Windows Phone
Now that Microsoft has released an update to the latest Windows Phone 7, you might want to know how to update your phone software to keep your phone up-to-date. In this guide, we will show you how to easily update your Windows Phone 7 software.
1. Download and install Zune software on your Windows PC. If you already have Zune software installed on your PC, make sure it’s up-to-date.
2. Connect your Windows Phone 7 device to your PC, and if the Zune software doesn’t start automatically when you connect your phone, run it manually.
3. Zune software will automatically check if there is an update available for your Windows Phone 7 software. If an update is available, you will see the below screen with update now and update later options. You might be asked to update your Zune software first. Click Update Now button to update your Zune software.
4. Once the Zune software is updated, you will see the below screen with Update Now option. Click Update Now button to begin the phone update process. Please note that if your laptop is running on battery, you will be asked to connect the laptop to AC power outlet.
5. Wait for a few minutes to see Successful Update message. Click Finish button and disconnect your phone.
If you are experiencing problems after phone software update, please follow our how to restore Windows Phone 7 software to an earlier version guide.Tags:
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop