It’s not that the default set of screensavers that ship with Windows 7 aren’t any good. All the screen savers that come with Windows 7 or Windows 10 are pretty good, but most of them have been available in Windows since a long time. Users who have moved from Vista to Windows 7 or Windows 7 to Windows 10 might find the default set of screensavers boring and want to have some third-party screensavers instead.
Thousands of screen savers available on the Internet for free, but very few of them stand out from the rest and are free from viruses, malware and other malicious things. So it’s important to choose a screensaver not just by it looks but also on the basis of how clean it is and how much system resources it consumes.
Over the last two years, we have reviewed a bunch of good screensavers here on IntoWindows. If you’re looking for a good screensaver for your Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can download one of them. Installing a screensaver is fairly simple. Download the screensaver file and run it add the new screensaver to Screensavers Settings.
Best screen savers for Windows 10/8/7
In no particular order, here are the top 7 screen savers for your Windows 7:
1. Focus Screensaver: Blurs the screen when the system is in idle state. It even lets you configure the blur settings.
2. Clock Screen Saver: Beautiful digital clock with sound.
3. Vista Ball Screensaver:
4. Windows 7 Complete Screensaver:
5. Crazy Calendar Screensaver:
6. Security Essentials Screensaver: We have already covered about this screen saver here. This screen saver starts the MSE system scan when the system is in idle state.
7. Windows 7 Boot Animation Screen Saver:
8. Fliglo – The best clock screen saver available for Windows with plenty personalization options.
After downloading and installing these screensavers, we encourage you check out ScreenSaver Changer tool that automatically launches a different screensaver every time Windows goes into idle state. How to automatically rotate screen savers in Windows guide might also interest you.