Posted November 4, 2008 – 3:00 pm in: Windows 7, Windows 7 Guides
In case, if you have managed to grab a copy of Windows 7, you might have noticed that the new superbar (taskbar) of Windows 7 is missing from the Windows 7(build 6801).As the new taskbar is next to awesome, withinwindow has come up with a solution, by using which one can enable superbar (new taskbar) in the 6801 version of Windows 7.
Below is the simple step-by-step guide:
copy /Y %userprofile%\Desktop\unlockProtectedFeatures.exe %windir%
cmd.exe /c takeown /f “%windir%\explorer.exe” && cacls %windir%\explorer.exe /E /G %USERNAME%:F
cmd.exe /c takeown /f “%windir%\unlockProtectedFeatures.exe” && cacls %windir%\unlockProtectedFeatures.exe /E /G %USERNAME%:F
taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
start /w %windir%\unlockProtectedFeatures.exe
2. Save it as “taskbar.bat” file on your desktop.
3. Copy “Explorer.exe” file from Windows directory to Desktop.
4. Download this file (for 32-bit OS) or this (for 64-bit OS) and extract the “UnprotectedFeatures.exe” file to desktop.
5. Now, right click on “UnprotectedFeatures.exe” file and select “Run as administrator”.
6. Click “Yes” for the Windows security Prompt.
7. Select “Unlock Protected Features” and click “Launch” button to get Superbar (new taskbar) on your Widows 7 6801 version.
8. You have just enabled Windows 7 Superbar!
9. That’s it!
Credit:WithinWindowTags: Windows 7 how to