Few hours back Microsoft revealed price information about the Windows 7 anytime upgrade (WAU) program. In simple words, Windows Anytime Upgrade means upgrading your Windows 7 from a lower edition to the higher edition (for example, Home Premium to Ultimate).
There are three anytime upgrade paths are available:
# Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Home Premium
# Windows 7 Home Premium to Ultimate
Now, if you would like to do any of the above upgrade, you can follow the steps given below to make it happen.
1. Launch Windows Anytime Upgrade from the Start menu to see two options: purchase a WAU product key online or enter a WAU product key from a WAU retail package purchased in a store. Select the first option if you have not procured a WAU key select the second option.
2. In the following screen, enter the WAU product key. If you have chosen option 1 (that is, purchase WAU key online) in the above step, you will be taken to the step 3 directly.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. You will be asked to save your work and close all running applications. The Windows 7 upgrade process will take 10 to 15 minutes.
5. You are done. Your PC will reboot once to finish the final step of Windows Anytime Upgrade process. You can now start playing with your new Windows 7 edition.
Thanks to Windowsteamblog.