Posted February 19, 2009 – 6:49 am in: Windows 7
Good news for many Windows 7 Beta users who have been facing audio driver compatibility problem despite installing the Vista drivers in compatibility mode on Windows 7. Realteck has released a new version of High Definition (HD) audio driver that supports Windows 7.
The latest HD driver version (2.16) supports both 32 & 64-bit Windows 7. This will certainly encourage more Windows Vista and XP users to install Windows 7 Beta for testing purpose.
Driver Package R2.16
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec in Vista/WinXP/Win2000/Win2003 .
1. Vista WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663,
ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC,
ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
3. HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices
4. OS Supporting: Microsoft Windows XP, Widnows2000, Vista, Windows7 x86/x64
5. Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a (5013)
How to install:
Windows Vista, Windows7:
Step 1: Run the setup.exe program to start the installation.
Step 2: Click on [Next/OK/Go] to continue the installation procedure on Windows. If the Windows popup "Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software" message, press "Install this driver software anyway" to continue the installation.
Step 3: Finally, select to restart the system and press [Finish] to complete the installation.
|Download Page|viaTags: Winodws 7