Posted February 19, 2010 – 3:50 pm in: Windows 7 Guides
Recently we covered how to repair Windows 7 system files using the “sfc” command. One of our readers has been receiving “Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start the Repair Service” error when trying to perform the above action.
If you too have been getting the same error message, here is the fix for it. The issue behind the error is that Windows Modules Installer service has been disabled on your system. You just need to enable it!
To enable it:
1. Type Services in Start menu search box and hit enter to launch Services window.
2. Locate the service named Windows Modules Installer and Double-click on the same.
3. Change the Startup type to Manual.
4. Click Ok to apply the change. You are done!
5. Now follow the how to repair system files in Windows 7 guide to fix your system files.Tags: Windows 7