Posted April 22, 2010 – 11:58 pm in: Microsoft Office
The much awaited Office 2010 RTM is finally available to download for TechNet and MSDN subscribers. Users who have been running Office 2010 beta will certainly like to upgrade to Office 2010 RTM.
Unfortunately, one can’t directly upgrade from Office 2010 beta to Office 2010 RTM. One need to uninstall Office 2010 beta before installing RTM one. If you try to install Office 2010 RTM without uninstalling the Office Beta, you will see “Microsoft Office 2010 does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of Microsoft Office 2010 products and associated technologies” error.
So here is how to cleanly uninstall Office 2010 beta :
1. Type appwiz.cpl in Start menu search box and then hit enter to open Programs and Features window.
2. In the Programs and Features window, locate Office 2010 entry, right-click on the entry and then click Uninstall it.
3. Uninstall process may take a few seconds to minutes.
4. Reboot your computer to complete the process. Once uninstalled, begin installing Office 2010 RTM on your PC.Tags: Uninstall Office 2010
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop