I’m writing this guide upon request from one of our readers. The reader was not getting the animations in the copy and move dialog boxes of Vista. If you are not aware, this feature was introduced with Vista and continued in Windows 7 as well.
As you are aware, Windows Vista shows animation when the data is being copied/moved/deleted. It’s a new feature and this was not present in Windows XP. The animation looks cool.
Though it eats up enough amount of system resources, you can keep/enable it if you need a fancy look. However, keep in mind that this feature is available only in Aero mode.
The solution to the above problem is pretty simple. You can enable or disable animations in dialog boxes by following the below steps:
Enable or disable copy/paste/move animations
1. Right-click on Computer > Properties or press Windows logo key + Pause/Break key, or type in sysdm.cpl in Start menu search box or in the Run dialog box and hit enter.
2. Next, in the left pane, click on Advanced System Settings.
3. Select Settings under Performance box.
4. Locate the option named Animate controls and elements inside windows, uncheck the box next to it to disable animation.
5. Click the Apply button. You are done!