Windows Vista doesn’t allow you to install any third-party themes by default. To install any third-party theme, you need to either use third-party software or patched .dll files. Here, I will show you how to install any third party Vista themes easily with the help of a small, free and efficient utility called Vista Glazz.
With the help of the VistaGlazz software, you can start installing a third-party theme in a few minutes. The software takes care of pathing required system files.
Install third-party themes in Vista
Below is the procedure to install third-party Vista themes:
1. Download your Vista theme (14 all time best top Vista themes).
2. Download Vista Glazz from here. Make sure you download the correct version of VistaGlazz as there are two versions of VistaGlazz available for Vista without SP1 and Vista with SP1.
3. Unzip the file and Run the VistaGlazz utility.
4. In the first screen, click the I agree button and in the second screen click Computer icon (refer the screenshots) to finish your patch.
5. Reboot your system.
6. Now, move your downloaded Vista theme to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes (where “C” is your Vista drive).
7. Right-click on desktop, select Personalize and then Themes. Select your new theme from the drop-down menu and click Apply to set the theme as your current theme.