Posted June 11, 2012 – 5:28 pm in: Freeware
There are tens of transformation packs and icon packs available for download. But not everyone likes to install icon packs as most of the time uninstalling an icon pack doesn’t bring back default icons at all. So, what’s the best way to change the default set of icons in Windows with custom ones?
Over the past three years, Windows enthusiasts have released some wonderful tools to help users change the default icons present in different areas of Windows. Using these free tools, one can change desktop icons to drive icons to various system icons.
In this article, we have listed the eight best free tools that enable you customize the default icons. All tools mentioned here are completely free and compatible with both x86 and x64 systems.
1. Ribbon Icons Customizer: If you are on Windows 8 and don’t like the default set of icons used for the Windows Explorer Ribbon, Ribbon Icons Customizer is the right and only tool that you need to customize the default Ribbon icons with your desired ones.
2. W7 Superbar Icon Changer: Want to change the application icon shortcuts (pinned programs) on Windows 7 and Windows 8 taskbar? Download and run W7 Super Icon Changer to replace default icons.
3. Icon Replacer: This utility is for users who want to change an application’s icon. For instance, with this tool, you can change the default icon Firefox browser or Windows Media Player.
4. Library Icons Changer: Use this tool if you want to change Library icons (Documents, Music, Pictures, & Videos) that appear in the navigation pane (left-pane) of Windows Explorer. This tool also lets you restore the original Library icons with a click.
5. Tray Icons Changer: Tray Icons Changer helps you change volume, network (LAN), network (Wi-Fi), and action center icons with custom ones in a jiffy.
6. AdSevenIconChanger: Just like other tools, this tool was originally developed for Windows 7 but works in Windows 8 as well. With this tool, one can change shortcut arrow, network workgroup, CD-ROM drive, folder, printer, and many more system icons. AdSevenIconChanger is capable of changing over 40 system icons.
7. Types: If you want to change the file type icons, Types is the is the perfect tool. For instance, you can change the default icon used for PDF files and Word documents.
8. Drive Icon Changer: There are hundreds of good drive icons available on the web. Simply use Drive Icon Changer to default icons used for Windows drive, USB drive and CD/DVD drive. You can find some quality icons in our 8 best drive icons for Windows article.Tags: Customize Windows, Freeware for Windows
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop