Posted December 2, 2010 – 6:27 pm in: Google Chrome
Google Chrome browser allows you import bookmarks, passwords, browsing history, and other settings from Internet Explorer or Firefox browser in a jiffy. But the only problem is it doesn’t have an option to export or backup stored passwords.
Sure, there is a free extension called LastPass, but even it doesn’t help much either to have an offline backup. And, you can only find Show saved passwords option under Google Chrome options. So, if you are looking for a way to backup or export your stored passwords from Google Chrome browser, follow the steps given below.
1. First, download the ChromePass tool. It’s a free tool that displays saved passwords in Google Chrome browser. The best thing about this free tool is it even lets you export these passwords in a XML, HTML file format.
2. Extract the downloaded zip file to desktop, and then run ChromePass tool to view all saved passwords in Google Chrome. Click on the refresh button to get the up-to-date list.
3. Select all passwords. Go to File, select Save selected items, and then select the file type that you want to use to store these passwords. Finally enter a name to the file and click Save button to save the passwords in selected file format.
4. You are done!Tags: Google Chrome
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop