Posted July 25, 2008 – 7:30 am in: Uncategorized
Required Software and other things:
1. Microsoft Windows XP/Vista CD/DVD
2. Two GB or more capacity pen drive
3. Net connection( No need to worry for speed connection. I am doing this on MO). It’s matter of few MBs
4. CD/DVD to make live CD/DVD.
5. WinBuild software, using which we are going to create live CD.
*Download the WinBuild Here (It’s just 834KBs!!!)
*Extract the file and copy it to a New Folder (Recommended requierd space is 2GB)
*Unpack and Run Winbuilder (no installation required!)
*On your mark, get set, go…
1. The first screen of WinBuilder gives you the brief explanation on how to use this magnificent program. You can read all the necessary instructions here. Press on the “Download” tab to proceed further.
2. This is the download screen of WinBuilder were you need to select required tools, drivers and other crusial applications required for a live CD/USB. As you can see in the screen shot you need to select one option from the three(‘Recommended’ or ‘Complete’ or ‘Minimum’) options in the drop down menu. You can further remove from the list which shows just below these three options.
3. After selecting required option,press ‘Download’ button which is located just below the left side pane. Time required to download depends on what optins you have selected in the left side pane just before. Download size is around 40 MB.
5. Expand the tree named ‘Applications’.In this option, you will see all the available sections of applications,which you can add to your live Vista/XP CD/USB.
6. Next screen is ‘Finalize’ option. It might take few minutes to build the live media.If you like to create live CD select the ‘Create ISO’ option and provide the label for the CD.
10. Now, your bootable USB/CD is ready.
11. Insert the CD/USB and kick start your live Windows operating syste.
Note: Make sure your system supports ‘booting from the USB’ before creating the live USB. Under vista you will need to disable the UAC (User Account Control)
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop