As I have mentioned before in how to make WMP play songs at a specified time guide, I use the default Windows Media Player as my primary media player. But for some unknown reasons, Windows Media Player stopped working this morning. In fact, I am not even able to run WMP now.
After messing with it around for a little while, I found reinstalling the WMP is the final solution as I was in hurry.
If you too have a serious issue with Windows Media Player and want to repair it quickly, you can reinstall the program to fix it.
How to reinstall Windows Media Player
1. Type appwiz.cpl in Start menu search box and hit enter to launch Program and Features window.
2. In the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
3. Here expand Media Feature list and then uncheck Windows Media Player box. If you are prompted with “this will also turn of Windows Media Center” message simply click Yes as you will reinstall it later.
5. You will be asked to Reboot your PC to uninstall WMP. Hit Restart now button to do so.
6. As you need to reinstall Windows Media Player, you need to install WMP again. Once again, open Windows Features window, tick the Windows Media Player & Windows Media Center Media Center boxes and then click Ok button to begin installing the WMP & WMC again.
7. You are done!
Also read: How to reinstall Windows 7.