Posted November 13, 2008 – 5:26 pm in: Uncategorized, Vista Tweaks
Everyone is looking forward to get hands on Windows 7 operating system, the successor of Vista. If you are not ready to get your hands of leaked Windows 7 build (6801) or you are bored with the same old Vista look, you can transform Windows Vista into 7 easily. We recommend no Windows 7 transformation packs as they consume significant amount of system resources so that you will end up with a slow Windows Vista.
We have tried to revamp Vista as Windows 7 using available free resources. After implementing this guide, you should be able to see the following differences in your Vista:
1. Windows 7 new Superbar (new taskbar)
2. Aero Snap feature
3. Windows 7 Aero Shake
4. Windows 7 WordPad
5. Windows 7 Explorer Pane
6. Windows 7 Calculator
7. Windows 7 icons
8. Windows 7 boot screen
9. Windows 7 explorer
10. Windows 7 logon screen
11. Windows 7 wallpapers.
1. Windows 7 Superbar: One of the most talked changes in Windows 7 is the all new Superbar (taskbar). Most of them have fell in love with Superbar like me!
A. Follow our “How to Transform Vista Taskbar into Windows 7 Taskbar”
(Note: The above guide was written on October 30.As there were no Windows 7 themes for Vista, I had used Aero VG theme. Now, you can download the below theme instead to get the exact look of Windows 7 theme.)
B. |Download Windows 7 theme for Vista|
To install the theme follow our “How to install third-party themes in Vista“
2. Aero Snap: This is also one of the most useful features in Windows 7. Aero Snap is a feature of Windows 7 that allows you to resize, arrange or maximize your desktop windows with just drag ‘n’ drop. You can achieve the same in Vista too by using the below mentioned utility. The utility creates a fair imitation of Aero Snap feature in Vista.
3. Windows 7 Aero Shake: After Aero Snap utility, it’s time to download Aero Shake for Vista. Yes, you can experience Windows 7’s Aero Shake feature in Vista now. If you are not aware of Aero Shake feature, Aero Shake is a new feature introduced in Windows 7 operating system which allows the users to shake the window to minimize all other Windows.
Aero Shake is a small (200KB) utility, which adds the above feature in your Vista.
4. Windows 7 WordPad: The major change we can see is the ribbon interface. Don’t worry! We have a solution for this too!! This free utility helps you get the Windows 7 WordPad looks (ribbon) in Vista notepad without any hassles.
Excellent is the only word I can say about this tiny, free, and beautiful notepad. This program has been designed by keeping in mind the Windows 7 notepad, which might be available by December.
|Download Windows 7 Wordpad Styled Notepad for Vista| (Update: This software is not available anymore)
5. Windows 7 Explorer Pane: Like all other Windows 7 feature, Windows 7 explorer has a new left pane which has new options like Libraries and Recent Places by default. The left pane looks good compared to Vista. So, here I have tried to revamp Vista explorer (left) pane into Windows 7.
As this is quite a long post, please read our “How to Get Windows 7 Explorer Pane in Vista”
6. Windows 7 Calculator: Windows 7 calculator has some advanced features such as Unit Converter, Programmer and Statistics mode that are not available in Vista.
How to use without installing:
*Download the RAR file from here.
*Extract and run Calc.exe in Vista.
How to Install or replace old Vista calculator:
*Download the RAR files from here.
*Extract the files.
*Copy and replace Calc.exe file to \Windows\System32\ folder, and also Calc.exe.mui from en-US folder to \Windows\System32\en-US\folder.
*You are done!!
Note: You need to take the ownership of the Vista system files in order to replace it with new file. It’s a good idea to backup the original files before using this guide.
7. Windows 7 icons: Most of the icons resemble Windows Vista. But, there are some icons like Downloads and Music files with furnished icons.
8. Windows 7 Boot Screen: Probably, the best looking Windows boot screen till date. Thanks to Microsoft. Because of the Vista boot restrictions we can’t get moving boot screen in Windows Vista.
9. Windows 7 explorer: Once again, you can achieve this by applying guide (1) & (5)Note that you can’t get some features of Windows 7 features such as new view option and libraries as of now.
10. Windows 7 logon Screen: As you might have seen, there is a new logon screen in Windows 7 which looks simple.
11. Windows 7 Wallpaper: There are many good looking Windows 7 wallpapers available. We have chosen the below one.
We hope this guide will help you to get the Windows 7 fancy look in your Vista as well. If you have doubts feel free ask by leaving a comment.Tags: Transform Vista into Windows 7
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop