Several free tools available to customize and tweak almost every part of Windows 7, from installation setup to UAC (user account control) to Media Center. We have already covered almost all good tools her at Into Windows.
In this post, we will share the best free tools available to customize Windows 7 installation setup. If you don’t know, these tools allow you create unattended installation setup, add/remove native, Windows programs, integrate drivers, tweak registry, add new themes and more.
There are a total of five free tools available to customize and tweak Windows 7 installation setup. You need to have installed Windows Automated Installation Kit (free) to install and run these tools.
1. vLite: Though this was developed for Windows Vista, you can use it for Windows 7 as well. The tool lets you create unattended Windows 7 setup, integrate hotfix, language packs and drivers, tweak Windows settings, and create bootable ISO.
2. RT Seven Lite: A tool specially developed for Windows 7. This tool packs-in more features compared to other tools. You will find several tweaks under Customization tab. The tool lets you add new themes, gadgets, screensavers, desktop background, icons, new OEM logos and more.
3. 7 Customizer: Another simple tool to customize and create unattended Windows 7 installation setup.
4. Se7en Unattended: With Se7en Unattended you can disable services, include add-ons, add third-party applications, add Windows updates, integrate drivers, and add other tweaks to create a customized Windows 7 ISO.
5. Win Integrator: This tool is pretty much similar to vLite. Other than above mentioned features one can also turn on or off one or more Windows features. Overall, a nice tool with simple user interface.
Tip: Use RT Server Customizer tool to customize and tweak Windows Server 2008 R2 setup.