This guide shows you how to change the font and background color of the Command Prompt in Vista. You can also change the command prompt background color by adjusting the color combination in a few steps. Here is how to do that.
Change the Command Prompt font and color in Vista
1. Open the command prompt by typing CMD in the Start Menu Search box.
2. Right click on the top bar of the Command Prompt and select Defaults.
3. Switch to the Font tab.
4. Change the font to Lucinda Consolas and set the size. You can select any font of your choice here.
5. Now, switch to the Colors tab, choose your desired color for the screen background, screen text, popup text, and popup background.
6. Click the OK button to see the change.