Most of us use the Start menu search field to launch applications and Windows programs. But did you know that you can also use the same to launch your favorite audio/video file?
Although most of users have GBs of music and movies on their Windows 7 PC, many of them still not aware of the fact that they can use Start menu search to launch movies, music files and a folder by just entering the appropriate term.
By default, Windows 7 Start menu search includes Start menu, Users folder, Offline File folder and Internet Explorer History locations only. So if you want to add a folder or drive-partition to the Search Index, you need to follow the steps given below.
1. Type indexing options in Start menu search field and hit enter to to launch the same.
2. Once the Indexing Options launched, click Modify button to see Indexed locations box.
3. Here tick the box next to a drive/folder to add the same to the Search Index.
4. Click Ok and then close Indexing Options dialog-box.
5. It might take a few minutes to complete the indexing process if you have GBs data. Once done you are good to launch a folder or file right from the Start menu.