Posted December 3, 2010 – 8:08 pm in: Windows 7 Guides
Numerous free utilities are available to retrieve Windows product key from registry. We have already covered a few good tools such as LicenseCrawler and Windows Key Finder that recover Windows product key in a jiffy.
If you have a backup of the genuine Windows product key, then it’s a good idea to remove the product key from the registry especially, if you are sharing your PC with others, and if you don’t want others retrieve and misuse the product key.
The product key can be removed from the registry by executing a simple command. If you are interested, follow the below mentioned steps to delete Windows product key from registry.
1. Open the Command Prompt with admin rights. To do this, type CMD in Start menu search box and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Or, navigate to Start menu, All Programs, Accessories to find the Command Prompt entry. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator option to run it with admin rights.
2. In the Command Prompt window, enter the below mentioned command and hit Enter key.
3. Wait till you see “Product key from registry cleared successfully” message.
4. You have just deleted the Windows product key from registry.Tags:
You Might Also Like:
- 14 Excellent Windows 7 themes
- How to make bootable USB
- 27 Beautiful Vista logon screens
- How to install Windows 7 from USB
- Remove Watermark from Windows 7 desktop