Posted March 17, 2010 – 2:23 pm in: Windows 7 Guides
Readers who have been following us on this blog for a month or so may remember our how to reinstall Windows Media Player guide. The procedure to reinstall Windows Media Center is pretty much same as reinstalling Windows Media Player.
Like most of other similar features, reinstalling Windows Media Center in Windows 7 is very easy. Here is how to reinstall Windows Media Center in Windows 7:
1. Type appwiz.cpl in Start menu search box and then hit enter to open Programs and Features window.
2. In the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off link.
3. Once the Windows Features window is opened, expand Media Features and then uncheck the box next to Windows Media Center.
4. Click Ok. You will see “Turning off Windows Media Center might affect other Windows features and program installed on your computer, including default settings. Do you want to continue?” message. Click Yes and then click Ok to start uninstalling Windows Media Center.
5. You will be asked to Reboot your computer. Restart to uninstall Media Center from your PC. If you want to install it again, open Windows Features window by repeating the steps given above.
6. Expand Media Features, and then check Windows Media Center option.
7. Click Ok to Start installing the feature. Done!Tags: Windows 7